The course introduce is designed to teach unlicensed personnel to administer medication in a safe competent manner. Upon completion of the course, the student will be prepared to take the NC Medication Aide Exam. The course focuses on the responsibilities associated with medication administration, including drug dosage calculations.
Minimum Requirements for Admission:
- 18 years old or older
- High School Transcript, GED Certificate,
- Current enrollment or recent completion of a North Carolina state-approved Nurse Aide I program or listing on the Nurse Aide I Registry.
- BLS Certification or Course Enrollment
Unlicensed personnel desiring to administer medications, as a Med Tech, in an assisted living or group home setting.
Family caregivers giving medications in the home may also benefit from this training.
MEDICATION TECH $175
AUGUST 24 - SEP 7, 2018
| 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM|
* We reserve the right to reschedule a class due to low enrollment.
Required text: Medication Administration 10/15 hour Training Course.
* Students may preorder @ the online Bookstore (cost $25)
Additional Student Fees: Cost of Medication Administration Exam for certification ($ 26)